Saturday, December 11, 2004

Zee Ipod
The Apple Ipod has indeed gone a very long way. Not that I followed it from the begining ( only started when it was the 3rd gen, before tt, didn't noe the existence of it even). Only now, am i really feelin that it is an icon. So why only now? Well, it's cause within the span of yesterday and today, I saw what I felt was a blatent commercialisation of the brand, not just a device but a brand.

Whoever has watched Blade would agree with me that one would think that Apple sponsored Blade. I've never seen such blatent product placement in a movie. Tho according to Alvin, jack neo does the same, not tt i'm a fan of him (jack neo tt is). It was such a well done sequence that, as mentioned by someone from Alvin i think, one can just take out the whole sequence out of context of the movie and it can become an ad. I'm pretty sure that'd up Apple sales in ipods by a few hundreds.

Look at all the mp3 players these days, all sparked by the ipod craze. Design and even brand name. eg: i this, i that, i shit, i think... :p And if that is not a testament of ipod's following, look at all the 3rd party add ons to ipod. There's FM transmitters (didn't noe such things existed) for ipods, portable speakers built specifically for the ipod, skins for ipods, screen protectors and others. However, the thing tat sparked my this entry was something from dunhill. Just saw a commercial ad in the papers that advertised a dunhill holder or cover for a ipod. It's not like they said it was an ipod holder but you can tell it was. It's just crazy. I'm half expecting an ipod charger encased within a toilet bowl sometime in the future.

Ipod is indeed an icon. I just hope things don't go overboard like bubble tea did. That being said, I still love my ipod even tho it's in a thrased state, i think it was one of the best thing i could ever own. And I ain't alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home